The following signs may be an indicator that you need help to support or restore your mental health:
- feeling highly stressed, anxious, irritable and worried
- feeling depressed and sad
- sleep changes, insomnia
- emotional changes — outbursts, sadness and withdrawal
- weight and appetite changes
- overuse or reliance on alcohol and drugs, or
- loss of joy in life.
It’s important to take care of yourself and ensure you access support.
Below are practical ways to look after your mental health. Making simple changes to how you live doesn’t need to cost a fortune or take up loads of time. Anyone can follow this advice:
- talk about how you feel
- eat healthy food
- maintain good hydration
- minimise and monitor alcohol use
- stay connected
- seek help/support early
- do good things for yourself, and
- accept who you are — you are enough.