Working as a health professional doesn't make you immune to experiencing health issues.
As dental practitioners and students you may experience workplace and/or training demands and pressures that have a direct impact on your physical, emotional, and psychological health and wellbeing. We all need a helping hand sometimes, it's always okay to ask for help.
Dental Practitioner Support is here for all dental professionals and students of the professions across Australia. If you are worried about your health and would like to chat to someone, call our confidential 24/7 support line on 1800 377 700.
85% of people found this helpful
No one knows when they might need support but some points to remember are:
- life demands and stressors are often unexpected or unpredictable
- there are times when your stressors will increase in intensity
- seeking support is important and not a reflection of weakness or inexperience
- hesitating to seek support as early as possible may result in your health deteriorating further
- your health concerns can impact directly on those you care about the most, and
- looking after your health, and the health of your patients is what really matters.
Our service provides free and confidential support to dental practitioners and students Australia wide. If you would like to speak to someone call us 24/7 on 1800 377 700 or you can request support via email.
If you would like to know a bit more about the service before getting in contact — take a look through accessing support.